Home Barista Class
This course is designed to give coffee lovers skills used by professional barista’s to create great tasting and looking coffees. The course is a fun hands-on class to give you the skills needed to impress friends and family with your great coffee making skills.
For this class, you are welcome to bring your own machine.
The Professional Barista Course prepares you with the practical skills and knowledge needed to become a top Barista. Here’s what is covered in this intensive 2 session course –
Barista Coffee Making Class (Duration: 4 hours)
- Explore the history of coffee;
- Learn how a good coffee should look, smell and taste;
- Experience some great and bad coffee examples;
- Learn to achieve a perfect extraction;
- Discover –
- Why is milk so important?
- What is the right milk temperature?
- How to texture silky creamy milk?
- Learn about the different types of coffee served in cafes;
- Learn how to make a latte, cappuccino, long black, macchino and more;
- Find out how coffee machines work;
- Learn how to do basic maintenance tasks such as grind setting, dose setting and grind adjustment;
- PLUS lots of real life hands-on practice on the coffee machines in our training room.
This course is run over one day with 6 hours of industry relevant training.
Each class is limited to six (6) students so your instructor can provide individual attention. You also receive a Home Barista Institute Coffee Art DVD to take with you once the course is over.
On successful completion of this course you receive a Certificate of Merit.
This course is for people interested in learning how to make coffee for your own pleasure.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
If you are interested in learning how to make coffee as an essential skill for your cafe business or as a career, the Professional Barista Course may be a better choice for you.
After Training Support
Some students need a little additional guidance once their course is finished. So we put together a little after training support package to give our students that extra boost and helping hand.
- You get lifetime phone and email support on completion of the course.
- A Free 2 Hour follow-up practice session including coffee & milk supplied.#
# To ensure personal attention your practice session is available by appointment.