Cafe Startup Certification
This full day course is designed to provide you with the knowledge needed to create a financially successful cafe business. The course content starts with the basics of assessing your opportunities for starting or buying a cafe and covers everything you need for smooth everyday running of your cafe business (including hiring staff, negotiating with suppliers and promoting your business).
The Cafe Start-Up Certification prepares you with the practical skills and knowledge needed to be a successful Cafe Entrepreneur. Here’s what is covered in this intensive 1-day course –
Session 1 – The Groundwork for Success
- Explore the most common ways to start in a cafe business;
- Gain insights into important legal documents and laws you need to know;
- Learn the industry jargon used to describe cafe businesses;
- Find out how “takings” relate to the price of a cafe business;
- Learn negotiation skills to help in your dealings;
- Learn how to deal with vendors, brokers and landlords; and
- Discover how to assess the value of any cafe business.
Session 2 – Your Business Plan
- Be guided to complete your cafe business plan;
- Learn what your cafe needs to do to create the income you want;
- Discover what you need to know about GST and taxation;
- Find out how many staff your cafe will need;
- Learn how to recruit and train your cafe staff to be great;
- Learn creative marketing strategies for promoting your cafe;
- Discover the challenges of customer loyalty and how to solve the problem; and
- Find out how to set-up your own referral system.
This 2-part course provides lots of detailed valuable information from real life cafe businesses. It goes beyond theory to cover examples showing you real documents and numbers from actual cafes and real business situations.
Run over 1-day, students are provided with lunch and enjoy two short breaks during the day.
Each course is limited to twelve (12) students. I do this because I want to make sure you get the time and attention you deserve. You will receive detailed course notes and helpful documents to take with you once the course is over.
On successful completion of this course you receive a Certificate detailing everything you’ve learned.
Location: Level 20, 41 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
Time: 9:00am start. 6:00pm end.
This course is for people wanting to own their own successful coffee shop or café business.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
If you are interested in learning how to increase the profitability of your current coffee shop or cafe, the Cafe Enterpreneur’s Boot Camp in a Box may be a better choice for you.